Meditation apps, available in online markets these days, can act as excellent teachers to the beginners in the field of meditation. Beginners are often bemused by the question “where to start from?” So, these apps are specially designed to answer ‘this’ question of the newcomers.
Moreover, before learning more about these meditation apps, you must learn what meditation really means and what its objectives are.
What Is Meditation?
Meditation is an ancient Indian tradition that primarily aims at training the mind of a person. It involves numerous methods and techniques including mindfulness, purification of thoughts and focusing (the mind). Some more information about meditation is as follows:
- Meditation is one of the oldest Indian practices hailing from the pre-Vedic (prior to the Vedas) age.
- It is believed to be one of the best stress-busters.
- Some great scholars and spiritual teachers have called meditation ‘the gateway to enlightenment and self-awareness’.
- Meditation helps to deal with a number of physical as well as emotional health issues like anxiety, high blood pressure, heart-related issues, depression, mood swings, etc.
- The term meditation is derived from “Meditari”, a Latin word which means to think or ponder.
How Do Meditation Apps Help?
Meditation apps are no less than a trainer or an expert in the field. These apps offer everything that you need to get started. They keep guiding you at every single step until you become adept at meditation.
Moreover, authentic apps always extend accurate information on the subject. So, you don’t have to be afraid of being misguided. You can trust these apps the way you have been trusting the best teachers in your life.
The Best Such Mobile Apps Available In Markets Today
A mobile application’s reliability, outstanding quality as well as great user reviews make it special and extraordinary. Keeping that in mind, we have shortlisted the following meditation apps for you:
- The Mindfulness App – This is one of the best meditation apps available in the market today. It gives you a lot of options to explore and learn the art of meditation. Apart from extending a detailed introduction to mindfulness, this app also offers a five-day-long guided practice. Other features of the Mindfulness App include personalized meditation options, statistics (to keep a track) and meditation reminders. Moreover, the iPhone users have given this app “4-star” rating and the android users have given 5 stars to it.
- Headspace – Like the mindfulness app, the headspace is also one of the most liked meditation apps. This app offers you a complete meditation guide along with some of the most beautiful and soothing music tracks to meditate with. iPhone users have given this app 5 stars, while the ones using android have given 4.
- Buddhify – This app has a great collection of information on the subject (meditation). It teaches and tells you about more than 200 techniques and methods of meditation. The meditation sessions in this app range from 3 to 40 minutes. This app is a great option for trainers as well as beginners. The iPhone rating of this application is 5 stars, while android gives it 4.
Apart from these, some other remarkable meditation apps are:
- Stop, Breathe & Think
- Insight Timer
- 10% Happier
- Meditation and Relaxation Pro
- Simple Habit